Thursday, December 29, 2011

Minute To Win It Christmas Party - Part 1

Zach and I hosted an Ugly (aka really festive) Christmas Sweater party this year where everyone came ready to play some 60-second Minute to Win It games.


Upon arrival, everyone was given a score card with the location of the games on it. We had to spread the games all throughout the house when we realized almost 30 people were coming!


It was a very casual evening where appetizers and soup were ready for dinner when you wanted to take a break from playing games. 

For the first portion of the night, we had five individual games set up throughout the house - the three 'living room' games were group games. 

The Snowball Toss was located in the office. You can also see the 'photo booth' area behind the sign.


The goal was to throw the marshmallows, one at a time, through the wreath and land at least 10 in the bucket within 60 seconds.



Garrett did it!!


And what happens if you don't have a bucket full of marshmallows to show off? Just look as cute as Caryn by poking your head through the wreath!


The Christmas Nutstacker game was loads of fun too!


The premise of this game was to load your candy cane with the 8 nuts and then stack them on top of each other - one at a time.


In the same room, on the bed, was located 'Do You Hear What I Hear'?


In this challenge, the Christmas tradition of shaking presents to figure out what's inside was turned into a 60-second game. Using the lift, rattle, and listen method, you must arrange 7 gift boxes filled with different quantities of jingle bells in ascending order from 5 bells to 35 bells - and then note your guess of the order on your score card.


The fourth individual game was called 'Christmas Ball' and was located in the other guest bedroom. Zach moved the furniture around so that we could maximize the space.


This game was surprisingly one of the most challenging games of the night. The premise is to fan an ornament using a wrapped gift box into a select area. From what I heard, only a few were able to do it!


And as you can see above, here's our pretty wrapped gift box at the end of the night.


And the last game... oh boy was this one fun. I choose to place 'Oh Christmas Tree' in the dining room for two reasons - 1. I needed another space and 2. If you failed and the cups came crashing down, everyone would know! How thoughtful of me.

It was certainly fun to watch!


And here are some pictures of those who took the challenge!


p.s. heres' the difference between using a flash and not using a flash. In the picture above, Rachel appears to be calmly placing the cups when in reality this is what she really looked like... Go Rachel, Go!


And here's Merlin bringing the cups down for a victory!


The skills - not to mention the outfits - of every person that came were so impressive! We have some competitive friends!

The individual games were really fun and a great start to our party. It allowed everyone to hang out, mingle, and even show off their competitive side. However, the group games (and by group, I mean, they were played in front of everyone) were a big hit. I had picked out and saved three games I thought would be the funniest to watch.

To see the group games, click here!
  
UPDATE: If you're looking for the templates I used for this event, you can access them here.
The fonts used are 'Cambria' and 'Blackjack'. You can download 'Blackjack' for free at dafont.com -- this is one of my favorite fonts!  

xoxo, Callie

54 comments:

  1. awsome a party i would love to be invited to great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Where did you get the signs from? I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're so kind! I made them -- if you need the template, let me know and I'm happy to share!

      Delete
    2. I would love to have your templates! Your party looks very fun and extremely put together!

      Delete
    3. Hi i would like it the Template to please and thank you!

      Delete
    4. This is such a great set of activities for a game. I would love the templates.
      Thanks,
      Patti

      Delete
    5. Hi ladies! You can access the templates by going to this link:
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jw1zqz6sq6rnhqj/m1g-8PaWw7

      Also, the fonts I used are 'Cambria' and 'Blackjack'. You can download 'Blackjack' for free at dafont.com at this link: http://www.dafont.com/black-jack.font

      Delete
  3. Could I get this template as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course! You can access the templates by going to this link:
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jw1zqz6sq6rnhqj/m1g-8PaWw7

      Also, the fonts I used are 'Cambria' and 'Blackjack'. You can download 'Blackjack' for free at dafont.com at this link: http://www.dafont.com/black-jack.font

      Delete
  4. Hi Callie! What great ideas!! I teach and would LOVE to incorporate some of these games into our Christmas party! May I please have the templates also? Thank you so much! My email is theneills350@yahoo.com. The kiddos will LOVE these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I would love to get the template for this stuff also! How fun!! :) We're having a Christmas Party for our ladies' small group on the 16th and would love to incorporate these games!! My email is dmcovert06@gmail.com. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would also live to have the template for the signs. mfritz80@hotmail.com. Our family secret santa pj exchange is tonight. Would love to play! Thank you and Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  6. Amazing Party! Would love the templates. Thank you
    thebaileybunch@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love! I'd love the template too!! cpetruncola@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love a template! Thanks alexis123085@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE!!!!! Your party sounds like there was fun to be had by all!!!! I am planning an employee christmas party for this weekend and would love to have the templates you used. My e-mail is kundaklan@msn.com
    Thanks! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you're still giving out the template I would love it as well! Looks like a fun fun party! krista@churchofemmanuel.com
    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love the templates as well. krista@churchofemmanuel.com Looks like a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi everyone! If you're looking for the templates as seen above, try this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jw1zqz6sq6rnhqj/m1g-8PaWw7

    Also, the fonts I used are 'Cambria' and 'Blackjack'. You can download 'Blackjack' for free at dafont.com at this link: http://www.dafont.com/black-jack.font

    xoxo Callie

    ReplyDelete
  13. How did you do the scoring portion?

    ReplyDelete
  14. How did you do the scoring for these games? How did you ultimately decide the winner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before the group games, I had everyone tally up the number of individual games they were able to complete within 60 seconds -- really, so that we would know how close were the scores! That's when I also announced the correct order for the 'Do you hear what I hear?' game. If we had individuals who were really close, we used the group games as a competition (i.e. in 'Jingle Bell Rock', who could get the highest number on their pedometer won). You can certainly use your discretion on scoring -- I just made it up :)

      Delete
  15. Spectacular! Looks like you have great friends and lots of fun. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spectacular! Looks like you have lots of fun with great friends. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this....due to several family deaths over the past year, our family needs some new traditions. Please send me your template. Thanks
    K Fargo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely happy to send them to you! What's your email address?

      Also, you can go to this link to download them if you'd like: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jw1zqz6sq6rnhqj/m1g-8PaWw7

      The fonts I used are 'Cambria' and 'Blackjack'. You can download 'Blackjack' for free at dafont.com at this link: http://www.dafont.com/black-jack.font . It's one of my favorites!

      Delete
  18. Thanks for the great ideas for my family Minute games this year! I am off to get a few sipplies for some of your games. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. AWESOME... could I have the template for the games please :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely! The link to download is https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jw1zqz6sq6rnhqj/m1g-8PaWw7

      I used two different fonts (just in case it downloads to your computer different than the way it appears in the pictures). I used 'Cambria' and 'Blackjack'. You can download 'Blackjack' for free at dafont.com at this link: http://www.dafont.com/black-jack.font. Enjoy!

      Delete
  20. Love this!!!! Any ideas for the winner's prize?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... I had just picked up prizes that I knew my friends would enjoy. If I recall correctly, one was a $5 or $10 Starbucks gift card (I asked Starbucks for an extra cup and lid, stuck the gift card inside, and tied a bow around it). You could also package up homemade cookies and Christmas goodies -- the guys would love it!

      Delete
  21. How do I get the scroll ? I'm having this party on the 7th of Dec 2013

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you need just the images? Happy to share! Can you email me at calliebmiller@gmail.com?

      Delete
  22. THis is such a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing!! Could you send the template for the invitation?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks so much, such a fun idea!! Can you share the invitation as well?

    ReplyDelete
  24. What did you do with the scorecards? were there prizes?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for sharing! I was looking for something fun for senior citizens.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love these. I am doing a round up of my favorite pins of Christmas and would like to include yours if that is ok. I'd of course link back to you. Happy December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely! How fun! Thanks :)

      Delete
    2. how far do you stand from the wreath and how far is the bucket sat to throw into

      Delete
  27. IF this is still available can the template please be forwarded to me because the information for the site is not coming up at all.... stacker.monique@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this! Any way you could make the description templates PDFs? I have a Mac and when I downloaded your templates from dropbox they were all messed up. Thanks so much! My email is blair.donegan@att.net. Such a fun party idea! I can't wait to host my own!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So cute!!! I found you through Pinterest. Could you send me the description templates as PDFs? I tried to download them from Dropbox but I am on a Mac and they messed up. My email is blair.donegan@att.net. Thanks so much! I can't wait to host my own party!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Could you send me the invitation template?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for links to the documents you created! Awesome ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would just like to be on the guest list for your next party please.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for sharing your games and templates. It definitely came in handy for our holiday office party. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  34. These games are great and perfect for my daughter's holiday party. I cannot access the templates. Could you email them in a pdf version for me? alexastefan2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. For some reason these are not downloading correctly. The scroll part at the top is all screwy. ??

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love this! Totally using! :) When I downloaded "BlackJack" it's completely different form your BlackJack font...how odd! oh well :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. You are so creative! I usually do the games at our holiday office party and I will certainly be incorporating some of these for our festivities this year. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your coworkers would love it! We had a great time!

      Delete