As Z continued with the construction, I started playing with the 'details'. We chose to go with a sage green exterior - and used Benjamin Moore's Kittery Point Green (HC-119). I had it color matched at Home Depot.
We thrifted almost all of the details other than the paint. For the burners for the stove, we went to a junk yard and found four 4-inch burners. I cleaned them and spray painted them black.
For the handles of the sink, I found vintage knobs at the Habitat for Humanity Restore.
Time out: Do you see that faucet above? We were having the hardest time color matching the bottom of the handles to a faucet. Apparently, those handles don't just look vintage - they are vintage!
One evening, I came home from the grocery store to find Zach being pretty mischievous!
At the bottom of the stove, there is even a pull out drawer!
Paint was applied, hardware added, and everything was glued and nailed in place. About an hour before we were supposed to leave to make the haul to South Carolina, I decided that the sink just needed something extra. We added shelves to the right hand side. Definitely a great addition!
We made it to South Carolina without a scratch to the kitchen! Addy was so excited when she saw it.
She took our orders and fed us well!